A little bit about the job
We are seeking an Art Director to join our growing team of creatives on a full-time basis. The Art Director is an incredibly important part of the team, responsible for setting design direction and executing on a wide variety of design projects and larger campaigns. You will be leading our team of designers in creating and executing top-quality work that both meets the project’s objectives and make others think, “Dang, that’s pretty sweet!”
This position reports to the Creative Director, and can be fully remote, on-site in our Ashland, Ohio office, or hybrid.
Here’s what you’d be responsible for:
Lead the Graphic Design team, setting direction for client work, developing the designers on the team, collaborating with the accounts team on work assignments, and managing the needs of the design team.
Meet with clients to assess creative needs and preferences throughout the discovery phase.
Develop and execute creative ideas in partnership with the Creative Director and other graphic designers that support full marketing and/or branding campaigns.
Review all graphic design work, offering constructive feedback for other designers on the creation of assets for production and marketing teams, in partnership with the Creative Director, in order to maintain a high level of craftsmanship across the design team.
Create and lead presentations that lead a client through our creative strategy and development process to arrive at visual solutions (Moodboard Presentations, Brand Presentations, Brand Guide Presentations).
Be able to speak into and, when appropriate, refine established processes within the larger production team.
Minimum os 3-5 years of experience in full brand development
Minimum of 1-2 years experience in UI design and is able to lead the design team and web design team in creating concepts for larger web projects.
Skills Bonus Points:
Experienced in working with higher education and large non-profit clients
Experienced in animation or design for animation
Able to achieve a high score in pinball while also carrying on a conversation and telling hilarious jokes.
Strong opinions on music and bands.
To grow our team, we're looking for people who will be great fits in our culture and be excited by our core values. At Vinyl, we value...
- Great People: We only work with great people here at Vinyl–we place a huge amount of autonomy, responsibility, respect and trust in them to deliver amazing results for our clients. And we also only work with great clients–people who are doing great things for their customers, making a real difference in the world, and who view us as a partner and not just a gun for hire.
- Great Craftsmanship: Actually, scratch that: Great Craftspersonship. We take a breath before we deliver anything and ask “Is this the best we can do? Are we proud of this?” If the answer is no, we go back to the drawing board. We don’t ship work we aren’t proud of, even if it means having an uncomfortable conversation.
- Great Processes: We don’t “wing” anything. We believe the best results and most fantastic creativity flow from tried and true processes. That’s why we are process-driven to the core. And only the best, most effective, most results producing processes survive.
- Great Results: You can build the prettiest boat in history, but if it doesn’t float, it’s nothing more than a waste of perfectly good wood. Everything we do is in an effort to produce clear, measurable results for our clients. They profit and we profit. Which means we can continue to produce beautiful, brilliant things that have strategy spun through every strand of DNA.
- Great Experiences: We are passionate about creating great experiences at every level of engagement. Both inside and outside the company. Internally, we value, recognize, and support each other, every day. For our clients—and their clients too!– this means we do great work, communicate well, take responsibility for our mistakes, use good judgment, and do what we say we’re going to do. This also means that we don’t put up with jerks—both in terms of employees as well as clients. Positivity wins, and we like to win.
If this sounds exciting and you feel like you can’t possibly go one more second without having a conversation, send a cover letter, resume, and your portfolio (or link to your website, Dribbble, or Behance profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out if it makes sense.